±1,050-Acre Rail-Served Development Opportunity
Sealed Bid Sale Offers Due: 11-16-2018 | No asking price, sale price determined by offer through sealed bid process
Cushman & Wakefield is pleased to offer for sale by sealed bid this strategic rail-served development
opportunity in the Texas Gulf Coast Market, just Northeast of Houston. Project sale includes several user
sales in the property. Construction of First Phase infrastructure is scheduled to commence in October
2018. Planned storage for over 2,000 railcars may be a significant driver for a purchaser with possible
experienced rail and project manager available.
The site is comprised of ±1,050 acres of land immediately west of the BNSF
4,700-car facility rail yard and across the Baytown branch line from the UP
3,000-car rail yard.
• Highway connections to the Port of Houston via US Highway 90 and
to Houston and its highways via Highway 146 have been improved and
widened to allow greater access to and from the Property.
• ±3,150 feet of frontage on US Highway 90, and direct access to Highway
146, which provide direct connections to I-10, I-45, Beltway 8, and US
• The Grand Parkway, a major outer loop planned to encircle the MSA, is
projected to traverse through the property with completion scheduled for
2022. It will significantly enhance access and travel times.
• 30 miles to Bush Intercontinental Airport
• Direct access to Port of Houston ± 25 miles to the South
• Dual-rail-served by BNSF Railway and Union Pacific Railroad with strategic
positioning 1 mile south of the joint BNSF/UP main line connect Houston to
New Orleans and beyond. The Baytown Subdivision bisects the property.
• There is an opportunity to connect industrial real estate product with rail
service from CMC Railroad, BNSF Railway or Union Pacific via the Baytown
Branch line. Additional permitting given existing connections is considered
• 138V transmission line on site and a 13.2V distribution line
• Water and sewer service from City of Dayton
• Natural gas directly to property in 4-inch lines
• 24/7 operational capacity regardless of noise, lights, etc.
• High-speed internet connections via Comcast and AT&T
• Recognizing the limited supply and growing demand for rail-served
sites in Houston, Gulf Inland has commenced its Phase 2 expansion to
accommodate numerous users.
• Total build-out of over 14 million square feet of planned industrial and
commercial development with buildings ranging from 100,000 to
1,500,000 sq. ft.
• The Property will be positively affected by the 6-billion-pound surge
in polyethylene production on the Gulf Coast from Dow Chemical,
ExxonMobil Chemical, and Chevron Phillips Chemical – anticipated to occur
in the near term.